Dates and vehicles*: 27 - 31 May, Sherman ‘Fury’ [Sold Out]| 29 July – 2 August, M60 | 12 - 16 August, Centurion [Sold Out]| 19 - 23 August, Comet [Sold Out]
In this experience, you’ll be put to work alongside our Workshop Team as they prepare for and perform a Tanks in Action display.
You’ll help ‘first parade’ the vehicles to be used and assist our crews in carrying out mechanical preparation and maintenance work. Then you’ll climb into the commander’s seat of one of the Museum's historical running fleet as it takes part in the Tanks in Action Display for a thrilling ride – in front of an audience!
Following lunch, you’ll help clean down the tanks before putting them away, ensuring they are ready for action the following day. This will be followed by a tour of the workshop facilities and our Vehicle Conservation Centre.
Your Ticket Includes:
- An annual Pass to The Tank Museum – revisit again from free whenever you like! *
- Breakfast, refreshments and lunch.
- Complimentary Tank Museum Souvenir Guide
- 1 hour tour of The Tank Story Hall
- Private 1 hour tour of the Vehicle Conservation Centre
- Personalised Overalls
For further information, please contact the Events Team on:
T: 01929 405096 ext. 238
*Excludes special events – standard Annual Pass Terms & Conditions apply.
- We will do our best to advise you of the tank you will be riding in upon booking, however this could be subject to change at short notice.
- This is a very hands on experience! We ask that participants have some mechanical experience or are competent and interested in completing mechanical tasks.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or over and at least 1.4m (4.6ft) tall, able to climb in and out of vehicles unaided.
- Please wear suitable clothing – we will provide black coveralls to wear. Please note, we do not permit the wearing of military or replica military uniforms.